KelledyJones Lawyers and Development Answers – Planning Reform Seminar Series – Part 5 – How to navigate the new system
Transitioning to the Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act 2016 will be a considerable task for councils – not only will planning assessments change, but so will procedural steps and record management requirements for development applications, building assessments and building safety mechanisms, governance arrangements, Assessment Panel operations, enforcement and compliance and infrastructure contributions.
Now is the time to plan ahead so that your council is well-prepared for the task at hand!
KelledyJones Lawyers and Development Answers have, once again, partnered to provide a training package for councils which is intended to ensure that councils are fully prepared for the transition to the new Act. Each session is designed to ensure that attendees leave with a sophisticated knowledge of the Act and Regulations, how they will operate and what must be done in readiness for the commencement of the new Act. Our combined knowledge means that the legal, practical and organisational aspects of the new Act and Regulations are covered.
Please see our flyer for details as to content and pricing. We emphasise that these sessions will be tailored to meet your council’s specific needs and can be booked on dates, at times and locations convenient to your council.
Sessions are booking fast; make sure you book your sessions well in advance to ensure that your council or group of councils is ready for the transition to the new Act.
Public Interest Disclosure Act 2018
The Government has now announced the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2018 will come into operation on 1 July 2019. Upon commencement it will repeal the Whistleblowers Protection Act 1993.
Given the importance of these amendments to the public integrity framework, it is critical that councils give early consideration to the implementation of this regime, and to understand its operation in the wider context of the duties and requirements for public officers and public authorities.
Is your council ready for these changes?
Given demand, KelledyJones Lawyers has opened a further training session to be held on Thursday 16 May 2019 from 10:00am – 11:30am.
Click here to book a training session and assistance with the preparation of a draft Procedure.
Planning Reform Seminar Series
Seminar 4: The draft Development Assessment Regulations and Practice Directions
KelledyJones Lawyers invite you to an interactive lunchtime forum where we will examine in detail the draft Planning, Development and Infrastructure (General) (Development Assessment) Variations Regulations 2019, and draft Practice Directions.
KelledyJones Lawyers will be running a livestream webinar session on Wednesday 20 February 2019 where we will examine in detail the draft Planning, Development and Infrastructure (General) (Development Assessment) Variations Regulations 2019, and draft Practice Directions.
Social Media – keeping updated in a rapidly changing world
KelledyJones Lawyers is offering an exclusive recording of our Social Media session aimed at all Council officers and employees, exploring the impact of social media on the workplace, the use of social media by councils and the impact of social media as a means of communication to and from council.
Legal Verification of Rates Declaration 2018/2019
KelledyJones Lawyers is, again, providing councils with the opportunity to enjoy the peace of mind that their rates declaration process will withstand scrutiny and, in a worst case, challenge. We have been providing this unique offering for over a decade.
Workplace Relations Updates 2018 – Union Rights of Entry
By special request, another session has been added to our Workplace Relations Workshop sessions. This session will focus on Union Rights of Entry, exploring when councils can say No. Given the importance of these matters for councils, it important to register now. If you wish to discuss delivery of one or more of our Workplace Relations sessions in-house, or on a regional basis, please contact Chris Morey to arrange.
The New South Australian Employment Tribunal – What does it mean for you?
KelledyJones Lawyers is pleased to offer a series of workshops in the first half of 2018 focused on key issues in managing staff. The workshops are beneficial to council CEO’s, Directors (or equivalent) and HR Managers and will discuss the growing role of the South Australian Employment Tribunal, the management of termination, unfair dismissal and the requirements for effective, practical performance management.
The workshop will run for 2 hours.
WH&S Mock Trial & Contractor Awareness Seminar
KelledyJones Lawyers present a fun , interactive session for Council contractors to gain awareness of their obligations, centered on the drama played out in a WH&S prosecution.
The seminar will run for 2.5 hours and will include a mock trial and role play of a workplace prosecution in a court environment.
Report Writing Workshops
KelledyJones Lawyers are pleased to offer a Report Writing Workshop for Administrative staff at all levels, incorporating the application of the confidentiality provisions under sections 90 and 91 of the Local Government Act 1999.
The workshop will run for 3 hours (with a short break) and will include practical exercises regarding report writing and drafting confidentiality orders. The workshop will provide attendees with a clear understanding of the principles of good decision making and the importance of good report writing.
Archive of Older Training & Development Sessions
- Hoarders, junkyards, unsightly and derelict properties (PDF)
- KelledyJones Elections Breakfast 2018
- Planning Reform Seminar Series – CEO and Leaders’ Forum (PDF)
- Thought Leadership Forum (16 Feb 2018)
- Conflict of Interest – Intensive Session (PDF)
- Complimentary session for Property Officers in Adelaide (PDF)
- Complimentary session for Property Officers on the Eyre Peninsula (PDF)
- How to Avoid an Unfair Dismissal Claim Workshop (PDF)
- Planning Reform Seminar Series (PDF)
- Local Nuisance and Litter Control Act 2016 Seminar Series (PDF)
- Legal Verification of Rates Declaration (PDF)
- Conflict of Interest – Informal Gatherings Policy (PDF)
- Investigation and Enforcement Training for Authorised Officers (PDF)
- Twilight Training Sessions – Proposed Conflict of Interest Changes: Be Prepared (PDF)
- Training Session – Council Property – The Lay of the Land (PDF)
- Training Session – Dishing It Up (PDF)
- Training Session – Conflict of Interest (24 November 2016)
- Training Session – Land Division Documents (5 Dec 2014)
- KelledyJones Lawyers Local Government Elections Breakfast (4 July 2014)
- Wind Farm Symposium – Clare, 7th March 2014
- Wind Farm Symposium – Naracoorte, 2nd April 2014
- Legal Verification of Rates Declaration Process
- Achieving ‘Liveability’ and Managing Noise Conflicts – Information and Registration
- KelledyJones Governance Support for Councils: Live Web Seminar Series – Register Now!