Our seminar series on the Local Nuisance and Litter Control Act 2016 continues with four new sessions ahead of the commencement of the nuisance provisions on 1 July 2017…
Noise complaints are increasingly common and can be vexing, emotive and contentious. It is essential that officers administering this Act are confident in assessing and, where necessary, enforcing noise and/or vibration nuisances. With that in mind we have partnered with experts in this field, Resonate Acoustics, to bring you the next seminar in the series – Get the vibe: Something to Make a Noise About!
The seminar will cover all you need to know about noise and vibration and how best to tackle these issues as they arise.
The following topics will be covered in this session:
- What is sound and how is it perceived?
- How sound behaves – when it might be absorbed, reflected and refracted;
- Different noise metrics and methods of measurement and what they mean;
- Different noise characteristics and how they may affect the perception of noise;
- Vibration – how it is measured and how it can be controlled;
- The Environmental Protection (Noise) Policy 2007, what it does and how it relates to actions concerning noise nuisance;
- Evidence thresholds for various noise nuisance enforcement mechanisms under the Act;
- When an acoustic report may be required;
- How noise and vibration is assessed in development applications and how this may affect the ability to resolve nuisances under the Act;
The Seminar will be held on Friday 19 May 2017 at the City of West Torrens from 9.30am to 12.30pm. Please see the attached flyer for registration and pricing details.
Details of all seminars, including Seminars 3, 4 and 5 can be found at: http://www.kelledyjones.com.au/w-pcontent/uploads/2017/03/kell0001_170054_001_Flyer.pdf
A discounted rate applies for registration to all four sessions. Further details of each session will be provided in due course.
Please call Cimon Burke on 8113 7105 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or to register.